Speech and Language Clinic for Children‚Äč

519.307.0995                                                   28 Mill Street, Orangeville, ON

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Are services provided by Kids Talk covered by government funding?

There is a fee for services provided by Kids Talk. However many employee benefit plans provide some coverage for private speech-language pathology services. Contact your provider for further information. 

2. Why use private speech-language pathology services?

Most often, parents are aware their child is having difficulty with speech and language development however they are on a wait list to receive services through a publicly funded program. Parents will bring their child for private speech-language pathology services while on the wait list. 

On some occasions, a child may not qualify for publicly funded programs due to age/cut-off dates or severity of the delay (too mild, such as a lisp or trouble with the 'r' sound).

Finally, some parents choose to receive services from Kids Talk because the publicly funded program is too far from their home to conveniently travel on a regular basis. 


3. Where is Kids Talk located?

Kids Talk is located in the Mill Street Plaza, 28 Mill Street, Suite 112, Orangeville, Ontario. Parking is available on Mill Street as well as in a public parking lot by the rear entrance to the plaza.  

4. Do I need a doctor's referral?

No, you do not need a doctor's referral to receive services at Kids Talk, however your employee benefit plan may require a doctor's referral for reimbursement.